Northern Extremes’ Mt Washington Snowmobile Rentals is located at the base of Mount Washington at the Bretton Woods Station.
Located just 30 minutes north of Lincoln and 30 minutes west of North Conway.
Our 1 and 2-hour guided tours, as well as our Mount Washington Half-Day Lunch Tour, are perfect for first-time or novice riders.
The Cog Railway Tour is the most unique tour in the White Mountains. Half-Day ride including a cog train ride halfway up Mount Washington.
The Mount Washington Half-Day Tour is perfect for experienced riders who love the outdoors.
Above the Notch Tour is geared for experienced riders who prefer smaller groups (usual maximum of six riders). Single Snowmobiles Only.
Our guides love to ride and will show you the best trails and views, and will go at an appropriate pace (will not exceed the State of New Hampshire speed limit if 45 MPH). Not operating 2022
Our tours include – snowmobile, helmet, fuel, and guide. Guide gratuities are greatly appreciated.
- You are guaranteed to find the best snow and least crowded trails.
- Our Guides will take you where the locals ride and best snow conditions on any given day.
- We love to ride, it’s not a job but an adventure.
- No worries about getting lost or Returning late.
- Double Snowmobiles Only 1 Person can drive. NO SWITCHING
- Tours are kept small 6 Snowmobiles per guide. Larger Groups we will add more guides.
- All guest must be ages 5 and up.
- Driver ’s must be 16 years of age with a valid driver’s license. Individuals with a learners permit will need to complete NH Fish and Game Online Safety Class to operate a snowmobile.
- Guided tours are highly recommended for first-time riders. Tours will take you to the best terrain and less crowded trails. Plus if anything goes wrong someone will be there to assist you.
- Guest should arrive 40 minutes before tour time. Late arrivals may miss the ride.
- Monday-Friday book 4 or more snowmobiles and you can pick your start time and have a private tour.
- Double Snowmobiles Maximum weight: 425lbs
Two-Hour Cherry Mountain Loop
This two-hour tour will take individuals up the Mt Washington Base Road over Jefferson Notch Road (Highest Road in New Hampshire 3009 Feet) around Cherry Mountain. Great Views of Mt Washington and Bretton Woods. The tour will cover about 35 miles. Ages 5 and up.
Single Rider – $105
Double Snowmobile – $135 Only 1 Driver NO Switching
Single Rider – $125
Double Snowmobile – $155 Only 1 Driver NO Switching
Mount Washington Scenic Lunch Tour
This half-day (4 hours) scenic tour is a great trip for the first-timer or novice riders who want to experience great views of the Presidential Range, Along the way you’ll have the opportunity to view breathtaking views of Mount Washington, Cherry Mountain, and Jefferson Notch.
This tour will stop for lunch at the base of the Mount Washington Cog Restaurant!
Single Snowmobile – $165
Double Snowmobile – $195 (Only one driver no swiching)
Rates do not include Lunch or Guide Gratuity. Not offered on Weekends.
Three-Hour Presidential Traverse
This 3-hour tour will take you over Jefferson Notch and the Presidential Rail Trail. Spectacular views of Mount Washington and the Presidential Range. Perfect amount of time to ride and available for all ages and abilities! Ages 10 and up.
Single Rider – $135
Double Snowmobile – $165 Only 1 Driver No Switching
Single Rider – $155
Double Snowmobile – $185 Only 1 Driver No Switching
Mount Washington Cog Railroad Ride and Snowmobile Tour
Northern Extremes and The Cog Railway have partnered to offer this limited opportunity and quite possibly the most unique winter adventure tour in the Northeast!
This tour will leave from our Bretton Woods office where we will guide you on a scenic snowmobile ride to the base of Mount Washington. Upon arrival, you’ll then take a one-hour, round-trip train ride on the famous Cog Railroad!
The Cog will take you about halfway up Mount Washington where you’ll witness spectacular views of the White Mountain region, before returning to base. Light snacks will be available after the train ride. The snowmobile tour will resume over Jefferson Notch and Cherry Mountain.
Approximately 3 hours of snowmobiling. Round trip Train Ride is one hour with a 20 minute stop for hot chocolate. Tour time is approximately 5 hours.
$225 – Singe Snowmobile
$295 – Double Snowmobile Only 1 Driver No Switching
Four-Hour Mt. Washington Half-Day Tour
Our most popular tour for repeat guests!
This half-day tour covers 50-80 miles around Mount Washington. The tour will head up the Mount Washington Base Road over Jefferson Notch Road (elevation 3007) offering spectacular views of Mount Washington and the Presidential Range.
The tour will continue through the White Mountain National Forest to Jefferson Warming Hut for a light snack and hot chocolate. This tour features nice mountain pass climbs, long straightaways, and simply the best views in the White Mountains. Moose sightings are possible on this tour!
- Tour operates daily and sells out quickly. Weekends typically book up 3-5 weeks in advance
- Ages 10 and up
- Previous snowmobile experience required
Single Rider – $165
Double Snowmobile – $195 Only 1 Driver No Switching
Single Rider – $195
Double Snowmobile – $225 Only 1Driver No Switching
This one-hour jaunt up the Mt. Washington Base Road is perfect for the first-time rider or individuals who are short on time. Great views of Mount Washington and the Presidential Range! This tour covers about 20 miles
EVERY DAY RATES
Single Rider – $75
Double Snowmobile – $95 1 Driver no switching.